The Audiology Department provides hearing care services for students with hearing disorders and auditory problems.
Our services include:
- Hearing Testing
- This includes conventional puretone air and bone conduction audiometry, conditioned play audiometry and behavioral visual reinforcement audiometry; speech reception thresholds and speech discrimination scores are also evaluated
- This measures middle ear difficulties that contribute to hearing problems.
- Otoacoustic Emissions Testing
- This measures cochlear or inner ear function.
- Central Auditory Processing Testing
- This specialized testing is done in conjunction with the school district personnel to assess auditory perceptual skills; these include sound localization and lateralization, auditory pattern discrimination and recognition, temporal aspects of audition and hearing with degraded or competing signals.
- FM System Fitting
- This includes assessing the appropriateness of a personal hearing system for hearing impaired or auditory disordered students.
Hearing test results are reviewed with parents who receive a copy of the hearing evaluation at the time of the test. Counseling regarding appropriate follow-up is also discussed.
Audiology attends appropriate meetings held at the student's schools and assists with educational planning as needed. FM care and maintenance, which includes custom earmolds, is an ongoing function of the department.
To schedule an appointment please call Kristen at (618) 465-4460